Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Things that go bump in the night

The upstairs wean managed to wake me up at about 5am this morning obviously needing to climb in beside her mum. grrrrrrrr :-)

It's been very damp and humid the last few days. My sage was suffering from just beginning to appear mouldy spots, so I removed the affected leaves and left it outside. Will see if that clears it up.

Aubs have plenty of flowers now but not setting fruit as far as i can see. Perhaps I should give up on them this year after all. OK maybe in another week.

The peppers are just starting to set fruit but lord knows if they'll reach any edible size. Totems still producing some fine specimens. I've taken to having tomatoes and phili on toast for my breakfast at work. Nice. The remaining Gartenperles have started going mouldy on the occasional fruit so I'm having a double daily inspection. I suspect they will end up in the bin at the weekend. It's not as if I haven't got enough to last us a while.

All the courgettes have been discarded to the bins now. I had a final cutting of two, but nothing else what happening, so I've been busy disinfecting pots and chocks ready for .... well, anything ! The green manure mustard is growing away nicely. The yellow lilies are finally going over, although there are still a few as yet unopened blooms. And the bulbs are still not in the front border. Best laid plans eh ?

No comments: