Friday, September 15, 2006

There's only so much you can write about digging

But I do find it strangely therapeutic ! The onion bed needed finishing, but as it was raining quite heavily for most of yesterday, nothing much got done outside. I guess we can look forward to more of the same over the next few months.

Got loads of seeds in the post from some friends I've not yet met, so have a wonderful selection of toms and peppers for next year. I was even sent a little Boule de Turquie intact as the sender hadn't had time to dry the seeds. A most attractive seed holder !

I've ordered a tonne of gravel to be delivered next week while I'm on my hollibobs, so at least one of the greenhouses will have their base finished by Thursday. I've got two lots of staging coming for the big g/h too, so that's another part of the jigsaw complete.

AND most excitingly, Mr Window man phoned with a quote for the decking, which wasn't too far off what I'd budgetted for, so am going to phone the nice mortgage people and get to see them next week too. This really has been an exciting year, a million miles away from last years gloomy one.

But the biggest news of the week is that we got tickets to see The Killers in November! They were our fave band of last year, and tickets are already on ebay for ridiculous amounts. So the OH got a big pat on the back for that one.

One last day at work today, which will be manic, and then a lovely long 11 day break which sees a quick visit to London on Tuesday (for Robbie W.) and then Wednesday to visit the rellies before flying back up the road to potter in the garden. Idyllic.

Ain't life grand ?

No comments: