Monday, June 11, 2007

What did I say about Pishing June ?

When it's started to flame. Poor garden looks like the Gobi Desert. Not had much time to spend here recently since taking on the lottie, and you can tell.

Why don't water retaining gel crystals actually retain any water ! All my hanging baskets look as if they've not seen water for weeks. I hope the drowning I've given them tonight perks them up a bit overnight. I shall be most annoyed if they've copped it already.

Picked first crop of peas last night and jolly lovely they were too. Some even managed to get to the plate.

Had two Red Baron onions tonight to make room in the strawberry bed for the strawberries lol.

Lilies are all blooming like mad now. I was hoping that they would last until Mum got here, but don't think that's going to happen.

Honeysuckle is climbing the greenhouse roof nicely, nasturtiums trying to climb thin air.

Had to move 4 of Supersprouts Pineapples out of the triffid house. Was finding nasty beasties as well as loads of sideshoots that I hadn't spotted, so I've moved them outside to give everything a bit more room.

Calendula is taking over. I spend about 30 mins every morning deadheading ! Courgettes are doing well and have a couple of flowers on. The ones up the lottie are slightly ahead though, I put it down to being a bit pot bound when they were transplanted.

Spring sown broadies haveover taken the aquathingies but aquathingies are cropping better.

Fuschias have all got a bit of mould. I'll not destroy any of them so have sprayed them with an anti-fungus thingy and spread them out a bit, give them a bit of air.

I've put a whole bunch of stuff down the side of the house to take up to the lottie, goosegogs, bronze fennel, blackcurrant bush just to give me a bit of room on the plot.

Next year I shall definitely plan better.

I'm constantly covered in mud and dirt of some description and it's a good job I haven't got any nails, cos they'd be permanently black.

Will post some piccies tomorrow, but now I need some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Night all.

xx

No comments: