Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Sweet Peas and other delights

Just cut the first lot ! They smell so nice.












The petunias are also throwing off a lovely scent after the rain (which we had in abundance last night. What doesn't look bedraggled, looks lovely and fresh this morning.

The early calendula seem to be running out of steam so I'll have to think about how to save some seed.

My poor wee poppies in the side bed are just soooooooo over crowded but they're just going to have to take their chances. I hoping that some of the rain actually got through to their roots. The lovely Mr Sec up at the lottie have some enormous red poppies. Going to ask for a few pods for next year.

I'm going to nip out the broad bean tips soon. Not because of blackfly (which I still don't have) but the rain had really battered them and they look really top heavy. Mmmmmmmmm greens !

From my window I can see the first nasturtum flower just ready to pop and some more Morning Glory's that are either on their way in .... or out.







I take it these are the Jolly Jester marigolds given to me by a lovely person (who's name escapes me). They will co-ordinate nicely with the Naughty Mariettas.










Mum's "brown" marigold could be a Red Marietta although these ones do seem blousy enough to be Scarlet Sophie.






I'm going to try and label all the lilies this year and left them from their pots to replant in a more co-ordinated fashion.



The Aubs have filled their new space already but I hope this sudden turn in the weather won't check them too much. I have a longing for moussaka this year !

So much still left unsaid so .......... til the next time.

xxx

1 comment:

Ziggywigs said...

Wow what a riot of colour those pics are fantastic. You look like you've been very busy indeed. Was in Glasgow at weekend and weather was fantastic. Hope you have been enjoying it.