Thursday, June 28, 2007

Been having a whale of a time on holiday

Fantastic trip south. It was great to see Nan so bubbly, excited and well recovered after her nasty turn a wee while ago. 98 years young ! What an achievement.

Brought Mum back up with me so I've had a little helper all week. The both of us are completely knackered. It's all this fresh air !

The weather has held for us most days, and when the sun has shone, it's been really warm. Thankfully we've managed to avoid the floods that are happening down south. Quite wet this morning, but at the least the beetroot have recovered from being all flopped over in the heat yesterday.


Here's some new babies taken this morning.

And there are loads more where they came from.

It's great having your Mum to stay. You get pressies ! A new wand attachment so I can water the baskets more easily and a squirrel proof nut feeder ! That'll teach the wee buggar for ruining my plastic one. Now let him try and get through the steel.

Mum was thrilled the other day when she was asked to prove her age ! Produced her London bus pass and got 10% discount in In-Stores. I might ask her to come up every Wednesday !

My face feels really burned, now it could be sun tan, or more likely windburn. Now I know how the plants feel. lol

Cheerybi chappies and chappesses.

xx

No comments: