Monday, May 21, 2007

Yesterday

Having spent most of the weekend concentrating on the lottie, I came home last night and thought I'd better do something on the plot. I spent about 2 hours watering the tomatoes and No. 2 g/h. The hanging baskets have been inside since the gales during the week and everything looks pretty cramped (which it is lol). Glad I haven't got cat to swing !























Here's yet another different calendula, think this is yet another of 4P's. Windy's have still to flower, infact I must try and find his pots in amongst everything else.

The orange ones really do look lovely and there are literally dozens of blooms, so I'm not to precious about the odd one that get snapped here and there.

















Here are two fellas that were buzzing around yesterday, as long as they stay on the aerial and not in the hedge after the babies, I don't mind. There were about 6 of them altogether though. They're more common than the sparrows atm.




Here's my first petunia bloom, and this one hasn't even been potted up yet, it's still sitting in it's milk bottle !













I lost a broad bean plant to something, it just kind of keeled over, think it was nibbled at the base. Must have been some slug ! Everything else is doing fine. Garlic is still coming on a treat. Peas seem to have halted, but I need to take the cloches off the newly sown ones as they're now trying to escape through the top of the bottles.

Strawberries are a mass of leaves, but inbetween I can see loads of fruit forming. Note to self, must get some straw.

Courgettes have got mildew, don't know where from as we've had plenty of rain. Once they get up the lottie, I'll cut off the affected leaves and pretend I never saw them.

The honeysuckle is reaching for the sky and one bit of it has reached the g/h eaves now. Must get some more supporting wire put up for it.

One of the red lilies has started to blooms, but it's looks a bit small and puny looking. Probably cos I never fed the poor wee thing last autumn. All the others, even the tall ones, survived the gales and have plenty of buds. One of the rhubarb plants has put on a good spurt and have developed lots of nice new leaves, the second one still needs to get going.

Lordy, there's so much that I can't remember much else so I'll have to go round with the camera again just to remind myself.

Now must away to the nasty place.

xxx

2 comments:

Ziggywigs said...

Nice updates Mrs KP.....i use grass clippings to mulch my strawbs seems to keep slugs away too. Hope you're having good weather down your way...we've got winds :-(

MrsKP said...

Hi there Z. It must have worked it's way north, sorry bout dat ! Think we've got some more today boooooooo.

All my grass cuttings are mulching the borders atm (her upstairs's). Didn't fancy introducing all the weeds to MY beds lmao. Am at the hygenist tonight (opposite Morrisons) so I could go and get a couple of packs of pet straw. How are your onions and garlic .... bolting ??

Have fun Z.
xxx