Monday, November 13, 2006

Look who I found hiding amongst the Little Gems !

I pulled everything out of g/h No. 2 to put up the bubble wrap, and I found our little friend here snuggled up at the back of one of the Little Gem trays. She looked very dozy and not very wide awake, so I think I've woken her from her winter slumbers. I hope that she managed to get back to sleep after I replaced everything, although I really don't think it was the best place for her to be! I hope she survives the fumes. :-O


Apologies to those having trouble posting comments on the blog. Blogger have recently invited me to change over to their new version and I think some of the settings have got lost somewhere, so I shall have a wee play and see if I can't get your names back. Anonymous or not, I really enjoy reading your comments, so please feel free to post them and stick your name at the end ! It's got something to do with having a Gmail address. I shall investigate !

The weather was much better yesterday and even the OH came out to play and put a protective stain coating on the shed. There's me lugging bricks about and he reckoned he was doing the hard work. lol. I have now learned to ignore all the huffing, sighing, puffing and swearing that happens whenever he's asked to do anything ! I figure it's his little way !

Harvested a load of cayenne peppers yesterday which are now strung up like red and green fairy lights over the fire. Couldn't put them in the kitchen as it gets too damp in there, so will see how successful they are in the lounge. As I've got a brand new packet of Cayenne (thanks Lish) for next year, I've not bothered saving any seed and have consigned a couple of the plants to the compost bin. I've still got a few Numex Twilight bushes to harvest (literally hunnerds of fruit) and already have the freezer full of Cayennes, so there won't be a hungry gap next year and then I can start from scratch rather than trying to keep any alive over the winter.


I remembered at last to get the camera out, so now you can see the famous retaining wall. Everything to the left of the wall is the neighbour's but you can see that the carrot bath has jumped across and that's a spare black darlek of mine tucked away up the end. Actually all the rubbish you can see is mine but I'm gradually tidying it up for her upstairs and plan on having a border full of pretty delights next year. I replaced the washing pole that was dug up during lleylandi No. 1 excavation, in the hope that she won't mind me using it next summer!

The lawn is in need of serious tlc, but then it always was !! I will have to try and read up on how to make it green and lush for little'un to play on. I was hoping that I could find truck loads of free poo just to dump on the border. The far end still needs considerable weeding and digging over though.

Here are the rasps and goosgogs in the infamous black buckets and if you look carefully you can see more BB in the cold frame which are housing the broad beans. These things are worth their weight in erm ........ black plastic !!!

And finally (for this morning), the inside of g/h No. 2! Remember right at the beginning Lish, when you told me to put an ickle one inside the big one ? Jolly good idea !!! It means I can leave the back vent open for fumes but the mini one provides enough shelter for things not to freeze. You can see the Little Gems and on the left is an unnamed chilli/pepper that is still growing it's fruit madly ! All the pots tucked away on the bottom shelf are the lilies and on the top shelf is a tray of calendula and other things that I hope will survive. The hanging basket is the mother Prince of Denmark fuschia. The babies are in the other g/h.

So my luvvies, work calls and the garden is put to bed for another week. I had intended on doing so much more this weekend, sowing some peas for one thing, but I appear to have lost the packet roflmao. No doubt they will turn up eventually. The newly tidied shed, has returned to looking more like a bombsite but I have reclaimed the rear and side of the shed.

Not a bad weekend all in all.

No comments: