Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Black buckets and fruit bushes

Do you think they would work ?

I've been sitting here humming and hawing about where to put the 3 raspberry canes and 2 gooseberry bushes and have figured out that I just don't have enough space "in the ground". Rather than waste my delicious bushes, I think I'll just black bucket them for now and move them to the lottie when the time comes (no response to my email to the lottie secretary - not a good sign).

Gave the neighbours border a bit of a dig last weekend, but it really needs improving 100%. I've put a couple of ads up on the various recycle sites that we now have in Glasgow in the hope that some kind soul can point me in the direction of a WRM supplier. I'll get the OH with his big digging feet out there at the weekend (weather permitting) to give everything another turn over. I think we're more or less hardcore free up at the deck end of the border now, but I'm hesitant to put the fruit bushes in there just incase the wean falls into them. I can hardly steal their garden and then plant kiddie traps can I now ? :-P

I hadn't been to the dump in a while, so three trips on Sunday morning, got rid of all the home made pallet retaining walls (too wet for a bonfire), the root of the second lleylandi which lovely Mr Deck man had considerately chainsawed into four pieces. I wish he'd had a go at root No. 1 as it's a heavy old thing and will need the two of us to carry it to the car. Cleared out behind the shed of various bits of MDF wardrobe no longer required, and started making a brick path around the compost bins so I don't sink into the mud !

So neighbours lawn looks less like a building site and more like a square patch of green now.

Mr Robin is still the first person to arrive every morning. I'm sure he gets up earlier than I do and often seeing him hoppng about in the dark, bless him. Infact I can hear him now, but he hasn't come to say hi yet.

Opened the two "full" compost heaps at the weekend to give them a bit of a stir and found they'd sunk to about 3/4 full. I take it that's a good sign. :-) Once again, dependant on the weather, I might give them all a bit of a turnout at the weekend and load them all back up again to get the heat going again. Trouble is, it's a bit squeezed behind the shed and it's a bit of a battle to get the bins off and out of the way. I could seriously do with some compost though, and I'm far too impatient to let it all rot down, so I might just shovel it into the bean/pea bed and let it finish it's work there.

Kindly girl in the office is bringing me the leaves from her garden. I like to think I'm doing her a favour by takening them lol. I have plenty out in the street, but don't know if I can be bothered sorting leaves from rubbish.

Another grey and wet day, but I suppose it's time to put on the cheery face and head off to the office.

Ciao for now.

No comments: