Thursday, July 12, 2007

Another few hours on the plot tonight

and still didn't get to the toms up by the shed!

Had a good pick at the broad beans and peas and did a lot of clearing of the broad bean patch. Those plants that had fallen over, broken or were just plain done !

Fingers went numb shelling this little lot. Think there's about three meals worth. Seems a lot of pain for so little gain, but all worthwhile I guess.


I've got another 3 huge compost bags full of cuttings of this and that to take up to the bin at the lottie. It will be full in no time at this rate. Still got to go through the bin behind the shed. The thing I've found with the home grown compost is that it throws up loads of little weeds which I guess is an unavoidable hazard of growing your own.

My Clematis Durandii looks as if it's got two buds on it which I'm really looking forward to. Never tried Clematis before and the colour on the pack just looks to die for.

Harvested Lishka's runty garlic and I'm sure it's not supposed to be like it is. It doesn't look as if it's cloved but there are baby ball things that look plantable. Going to stick them in pots and see what happens. Two of the smaller runties look a bit soft at the neck too. Going to eat them before they go all soggy.

There's a bit of a breeze out there tonight so I hope the fuschias don't get bashed too much.

Off up the lottie tomorrow. Next time on the plot is Sunday as Millwall are in town (well Dundee actually) so we're taking a wee trip north to cheer on our boys.

MIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

No comments: