Monday, September 17, 2007

And then the rains came

Woke up to find the wet weather of Saturday had drifted over to Sunday with a vengance.

Pouring rain plus driving wind put paid to any work being done at the lottie, so I toddled off to B&Q looking for a new bracket to replace the broken one on the shower rail. No joy there, back to a bit of twine to hold it together.

Then popped into Ikea to see what their Gorm shelving range was like. Ideal shed shelves I was thinking. Came out with a huge stock pot as well so one very satisfied customer.



So the rest of the day was clearing, building, and reloading up the shed ..... and if you think it's messy, you should have seen it before !



The poor JAs are looking a bit bare in the middle where the ties were. Just have to see if they stay upright !





Picked another bowl of various goodies, Supersprout's Pineapple tomato, some Black Cherry toms amongst other red things. Managed to save 30 seeds from the SS tom so will have some for next year and with my new downsizing arrangements, will have some to give away too.






Now you know my love for all things purple, and now I have purple turnips ! Look a wee bit skinny so I hope they fatten up now we've had a good soaking.




Something's been at my spinach though. I've been doing my usual cut off the ugly leaves and try to ignore them, but they just keep coming. The consensus is Leaf miner. Hope the damn thing leaves some for me ! I usually get this on the beetroot, but at least the roots still grow, whereas the leaves are a pretty important part of the make up of spinach. As soon as Dawn get's up I'll go out and see what the wee beastie has ravaged overnight and if necessary investigate an appropriate "systematic insecticide" ! What's one of them when it's at home ? I wish the books would give brand names ! I've got a whole shelf full but which to use ? Decisions, decisions. :-D

No comments: