Monday, April 30, 2007

I'm back !

All things considered I had a good weekend. Had some much needed quality family time, helped Mum despatch some snails, told her about the toms she'd planted (2 Totem, 1 Marmande), watched the birdies and watched my daughter's kitten watching the birdies. At one stage I thought he was going to make an almighty pounce straight through the patio doors at a wood pigeon that was the same size as him ! I wonder who would have come off worst !

My dear old Nan was looking much better than I had expected. She's a bit fed up with her old body however, but her mind is still as sharp as anything. Her memory recall of events 80+ years ago is simply amazing and listening to all her stories was a joy. I'm hoping I'll see her at the end of June for her 98th birthday !

It was interesting to see how much further on everything is darn sarf ! All the trees seem to be far more advanced than up here and Mum's ground is definitely much drier than mine.

I had a good walk around the plot last night when I got back and all my babies seemed to have coped well without me. The OH did a bit of watering in the g/h and everything is looking green and lush. Am going to take today off work and keep my fingers crossed that today's weather forecast holds true ! More sun ! It's looking a bit grim and grey just now, but at least that means the soil has had some moisture.

I'll definitely get some more pics up tonight.

Hope yours was a goodun.

xx

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear things were better with your Nan

x

MrsKP said...

Thanks love. Family ! always a worry, as i know you know !

:-)

Unknown said...

keeping things crossed for us both :-)
x

MrsKP said...

drop us a line mate, can't seem to find your AOL addy.

xx