Sunday, November 23, 2008

Winding up for the winter

Well what a year. Nothing to do with crop failures, but the personal front has been nothing short of tragic.

We lost Mum in February, her mum - my Nan in August and then on 11/11 we lost my Dad.

So I'm sitting here in Sidcup once again, planning a funeral and thinking back a year ...... if we knew then what we know now, I'd have given up before I even started.

So this winter is going to be very quiet. The lottie had been pretty nearly put to bed a month ago, just a wee bit of tidying up to do when I get home.

I'd cleared out the g/h on the plot before I left too and deposited all the spent compost in various raised beds at the lottie. The soil levels are rising steadily.

I'm even going to have to start a blog for the Sidcup plot and I've got a fair size garden, room for a few raised beds and already got a greenhouse in place which doesn't need much apart from a good old wash.

So folks, I truely hope you've had a better year than me and mine. Look forward to seeing you all in the Spring when hopefully my life will be back under control and I will have a masterplan for the three plots !

Take care of yourselves and have a Happy Christmas !

RIP Dad, no more 3 putting now eh ? ...... "Yeah yeah yeah"



Ron Bryer
21/3/28-11/11/08

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your sad news joanne,

i'm thinking of you,

martin.(windy)

MrsKP said...

Thanks mate, appreciate it. I'm still down south currently clearing and recycling 255 combined years of collectables .......... I am promised myself (and my child) that I am NEVER buying any tatt ever again. If I can't eat it, wear it or use it every day, it's NOT getting bought ! lol

Anonymous said...

i know, 8 years ago when my dad passes away, mum asked me to look all through his things and sort them out for us, my brothers and sisters, it was a nightmare, brought back so many memorys,,

even now my mum still brings me things over and say, ohh i found this,it may be a picture of when he was in the navy, asking would you like it, or it may be and old watch or old knife, , then saying you (me) bought this for your dad,

ok sunshine,
take care, and look after your self,
martin (windy)